Thread: G'day

G'day

G'day;

I am Lloyd a member over on SotP. My dog is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Hunter who has been with me on many adventures over the last decade.

We spend most of the year in the woods and canoe but managed to make it onto the terrorist watch list last September none the less after an attempted hijacking of a Westjet from Moncton to Toronto.

But that is hardly worth mentioning...
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
    Carl Sagan

Hi LLoyd

You need to blogg Hunter's inflight escape. The world needs to know
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Loving the neckerchief, have tried one on our pooch but he pulls it off, whats your secret?
    David

My children tell me I have more photos of the dog than I do of them.

I think he is just vain? The dog haircut lady puts them on him on army haircut day and he seems to like the attention.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
    Carl Sagan

Dog haircut? I thought they had relatively short coats?
    John

They do but it gets pretty warm over here in Tropical Canada so in the summer he gets a hair cut. He also gets a trim when he starts shedding in the spring and in the autumn so three new bandannas a year all for the low low price of $210Cdn.
    Carl Sagan

I'm surprised you don't do it yourself.
    John

That would be yet another tool to oil and maintain. I cannot complain, they bath him and blow dry him and he likes the attention. I would be more likely to pressure wash him. They would do his nails but he seems to keep those chewed down pretty good.

All in all I think he likes spa day.
    Carl Sagan

Sam's cleaning does seem to consist of some swimming in the loch. A hose is the next choice. That reminds me I must post a video of that.
    John

I know that dog. He is a star of canadian canoeing photos in Song of The Paddle, usually seen lounging in your boat looking decorative, but not, I note, actually paddling !. One better than my doberman Susan, who would rather eat her own leg than get in a boat, even a classy Novacraft Prospector.