Thread: Dealing with the dark

Dealing with the dark

Soon almost all of the evening walks with Sam will be in the dark. I have mentioned that I have a really good light up collar for her that allows me to easily keep track of her in the dark.

One of the other things I get is a light up ball. These light up when you throw them. I've just ordered one for this year, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodboy-Fe...item53fdaec41b, It sounds like the ones I have had before but we will see when it arrives. Below is a video clip from last year. it is before I got the better light up collar.

The great thing about the light up ball is it gives me a way to try and tire Sam out when in the field and if she gets bored of the game at least I can still find the ball

So what do you do or get, to help with the dark evenings?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

we have a light-up collar, as well.
    but no light-up ball. i know the spots where there is enough streetlight to throw a regular "dark" ball.
    i often walk the same rounds during the dark season but have some "winter walks" that have more open sky or get more light from streets or buildings.

did you try throwing snowballs? it's a bit unfair but funny to see how they get startled when they can't find anything after seeing the thing fly through the air

For some reason Sam is far more interested in kicked stuff than thrown stuff. So she will fetch a ball, frisby etc but if you kick snow, cut grass or even water she goes mental for it. As shown on this thread http://www.dogwalkbloggs.com/showthr...-Sam-s-new-toy

So we throw the occasional snowball for her but for the real fun, kicking snow is the way to go.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here