Thread: Baggeridge Country Park Fun Dog Show

Baggeridge Country Park Fun Dog Show

I've just posted this here about this Fun Dog Show.

I'm thinking of entering Zilla for Novice Obedience, Most Handsome Dog and possibly Who's Got Talent Dog. It'll be our first dog show (fun or otherwise) and I'm hoping it'll be good. We do tricks and things over the park just for fun, but have never put him in that environment where there's lots of people watching and applauding.

I was just wondering if anyone had been to a dog show, fun or not, and what you thought of it.
    Find Kim and Zilla on You Tube for clicker tutorials and tricks

We have never gone to a proper fun dog show as such. We did briefly turn up at one in Greenock but it was pelting down with rain and looked a bit of a shambles so we left straight away. I do like the idea of going to one. Sam does not have pedigree papers so can only enter fun shows anyway.

We had her in the dog show at the local Gala day and she did pretty well. I blogged it here
    http://www.dogwalkbloggs.com/showthr...ell-red-really

When she was just 12 months we entered her into the dog show at the Fife Agricultural show and she got a lot of rosettes including reserve champion. She does love to smooze a judge
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

And I have to ask. What will Zilla's talent be?
    John

Well he knows quite a few tricks and stimulation exercises but I haven't thought too much into it to be honest

Preparation is everything. You could be the next Ashleigh and Pudsey
    John

lol it's true but being our first show I don't know what qualifies as a talent so I may just wait and see what other people offer and put him in the class next time. I'm still undecided whether I should or not.

It's a fun dog show so I would go for it. I don't think you will get the evil eye or anything for not doing things the "proper" way. If there is a proper way.

I have just found out there is a fun dog show near us on Saturday. We will hopefully be at that for a while and if we can stay for the full day we will enter Sam in some categories. Although this may depend on how she gets on at the vets tomorrow. She has a bit of a limp so may not do very well hobbling round the ring. Might get sympathy votes.
    John

Well it looks like we're not going today. Zilla's developed a gunky eye over the last few days so it's a trip to the vets today I was really looking forward to giving it all a go but we'll just have to wait for another one to appear.

That's a shame. I hope Zilla's eye clears up soon.

We are still thinking about a flying visit to the show near us but will only be able to stay for an hour so can't enter any classes. Not hang looked I'm not sure how often these sort of shows are arranged. Do you know how long it will be before there is another in your area?
    John

After a trip to the vets it turns out he has a bacterial infection. We've got some eye drops and he should be fine within the week. I'm glad it wasn't something more serious, like a scratch on his cornea or something but still missed the show.

Unfortunately any fun shows in our area aren't advertised very well. The only reason we knew about Baggeridge's one is because we just so happened to go there last weekend. The bloke did tell us it was an annual thing, though, normally held around July for the warmer weather. They postponed it, though, because the weather this year has been too hot to safely have dogs outside for hours.

I assume anyone else holding a show will probably have had it this year so it'll probably be 2014 before we go to any. I'm disappointed, sure, but at least it's given me something to work for

If you do go/have gone let us know if it's good.