Thread: Sam's limp. A trip to the vet today.

Sam's limp. A trip to the vet today.

For a little while now Sam is occasionally a bit stiff when she has been lying down for a while. She limps slightly a few steps then is fine. She will run about play, jump fences and show no signs of discomfort after she is warmed up.

Since it has been going on for a little while I made an appointment for her to be seen by the Vet tonight. When I got home yesterday she was sleeping in her kennel and when she got out she was limping a lot worse. I took a short video to show the vet as she will doubtless not limp at the vets.

As you can see it looks really bad now. But what I did not video was ten minutes later when she was running around like a puppy. You can see the limp is getting less as she gets onto the patio. Indeed by the time she had reached the back door she was hardly limping at all. Still it is worse than it was. What you can see now is it seems to be back left leg that is the issue. Before she just seemed a bit stiff and you could not pin down where the problem was centred.

We will see what the vet says tonight.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

:-(

Oh dear, you must be very worried. I've watched the vid several times & there's definately a pain there when she puts any weight on the leg. Has she had her hips checked for hip dysplasia ?.......it could be a touch of arthritis........anyway fingers crossed it's nothing serious & can be treated.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

hope it's nothing too serious. good luck at the vet and keep us posted!

Mystery solved. Sam has what the vet calls a blister between her toes. Looks like a cut to me. So she has some painkillers to take and I have cream to put on it.

I am surprised I did not see it when checking her feet but it is covered by the fur between her toes, except when I am taking photos. It might even be the fur pulling on it after it has set into it that causes the more severe initial limp.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Phew ! ...nothing serious, looks painful though.......get well soon Sam.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Get well soon glad it wasn't anything too bad
    Find Kim and Zilla on You Tube for clicker tutorials and tricks

glad it's nothing too bad. hope she'll mend soon

Glad she is ok mate
    Ian

Each day i try to teach my dog something new but like me you can not teach a dog new tricks