Thread: Who runs with their dogs?

Who runs with their dogs?

The reason there has been no big walk blog this last weekend is on both days we went a long (for us) run with Sam. Both runs were about 10km. We are not fast runners and most of the time Sam can walk and look about without getting too far behind. Catching up is not really a problem.

One bit that was an issue was when I went off on a loop from the way Jo was going. Sam went with me but kept stopping waiting for Jo to come along. On the Sunday run I took treats with me and did lots of calling Sam to heal to try and make sure I avoid that problem again.

I enjoy taking Sam a run as I feel she is getting good exercise but still feel she needs some wandering time. Jo tends to think if Sam has been on a long run she does not need walked later.

Do you run with your dogs at all and how do you balance the walk to run ratio?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Run ???..........not likely, apart from the odd sprint when I'm playing with the hound, I usually potter along in first gear, besides I'm not sure me old knees could cope anymore with repetitive pounding. I'm on the lean side & hopefully the 10 km or so we walk a day is enough to keep me in shape..
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

I have to admit I was, for a long time, someone who only ran when chased but I have come round to a bit of running. I don't think it will ever compete with walking or canoeing but if it means I can eat a few more pies then all the better
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

run?? that's for people who are afraid.

I must admit I prefer a good walk but it takes less time to run. Although more pain!