Thread: Do you buy Christmas presents for your dog?

Do you buy Christmas presents for your dog?

We are nearly ready for Christmas here. Just a few last minute bits and pieces to tie up. One thing I have not done is buy a present for Sam. This will be her third Christmas and I have not bought her a present for any of them. It is just not something I think to do. If there is a toy I think she will like and keep her out of mischief then I tend to get it whatever the time of year.

Despite this I do tend to out her name on the Christmas cards I send out.

So how much do your dogs take part in Christmas and do they get presents?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

No I don't buy presents for dogs. I think a long walk is the best gift we can give them.............that & some christmas dinner left overs
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

I must be a really sad bas....... I have a stocking each for the dogs with squeak toy, treats and a rawhide chew, and worse one for the cats and this year one for my mother in laws cat.
    Dogs will get a long walk and some left overs too

Awww.....Poor Sam :-( watching everyone else open lovely presi's and all he gets is the wrapping paper to shred!! Yup.....my woofs get a wrapped toy and chew with a big opening ceremony of 'sit', 'down', 'wait'....'wait'....'wait'....'ok open', usually before human opening presi time ;-) Oh....and....visiting dog's owners (I'm a pet sitter) are invited to bring a presi for their dog when staying at Christmas. So John....you have 1 shopping day left! Happy Christmas everyone.

Ooops....Sam is a girl....apologies :-)

Sam does usually get a present it just happens to usually come from my ex wife. Last year she also got a present from a Song of the Paddle secret Santa.

Sam is so good at not chewing anything that is not hers that I think I would struggle to get her to tear the wrapping of a present. I could wrap it in bacon then the problem would be not letting her eat the whole thing.

i am planning a good walk for her tomorrow to so may have a Christmas blogg to post on Boxing Day.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here