Thread: Greetings from Canada

Greetings from Canada

I am John from Gravesend, Kent, in Canada, since the mid 1960s, with a home, beside a small lake, in the French speaking Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean Region, north of Quebec City, in Canada.
    I have an open canoe, kayak and pedal boat that I use for recreation in the summer, and I am involved with huskies in the winter. Being a child of the depression, in the early 1930s, I try to fight “Father Time”. So, I work out with weights and try to improve my performance on the Cooper Test, on a treadmill.
    Also, I help a friend who has a small family company that offers open canoeing holidays in the summer and dog sledding holidays, in the winter, very close to nature, in this region in northern Quebec. He has about 70 dogs
    Despite trying, I have not yet found the way to take a photo from my hard disk and put it below.
    So,to see pictures please go to
    http://www.wildernessactivitiescanada.com/

Welcome John. We have a tutorial on posting pictures here http://www.dogwalkbloggs.com/showthr...sting-Pictures

Hopefully we will be seeing pictures of your dogs shortly Once you get them uploaded somewhere on the net you are most of the way there.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Welcome John. kWe have a tutorial on posting pictures here www.dogwalkbloggs.com/showthread.php/4-Some-Tutorials-on-Posting-Pictures

Hopefully we will be seeing pictures of your dogs shortly Once you get thesc m uploaded somewhere on the net you are most of the way there.
    Thank you for positive comment . Is there a way to take photos directly from my hard disc and put them with the text?

Unfortunately not. The problem is the amount of space pictures would take up on the server and the amount of bandwidth they use. So it is possible but would be enormously expensive for me to run that way. Using photo bucket is a faff at first but it becomes second nature.

I wish it were practical to have it so that people could just attach pictures directly as I am sure it would greatly increase the use of the site.
    John

welcome! i hope you'll eventually master posting photos. sounds like you would have some interesting stuff to share.

I have now managed to post my first photo via photo bucket!
    My next task is to understand what adding tags achieves, and how it is done.
    Can someone please tell me
    John
    http://www.wildernessactivitiescanada.com/

Tags can help in searching for certain content. That said I don't tag any of my posts as I have never found it useful so would not be pushing anyone else to do it.
    John