Thread: hi from taefee, charlie and me.

hi from taefee, charlie and me.

hi all, just a quick intro. I'm Ray, i have a 14 year old heeler cross, called charlie. Who's obviously like a son to me at his age. We have had some wonderful adventures together. Part of why i got into canoeing is so he can still get outdoors and camp with me. He cant walk very far now, he wont walk at all in the rain. He's also not that keen on playing with the kids 3 and 1. we had had a rescue dog xalled penny who loved the boys. sadly she has passed on. So id been looking for a dog for a while. A long story Short i came across taefee, who is a rare breed carolina dog. She came to us at 9 months. Her previous owners couldnt give her the right time as his wife wouldntlook after her while he was at work. So out of several people interested he chose my family. As i knew alot about the breed as pariah and ancient breeds always fascinated me. And my love of the outdoors and family life we offered her.
    She was primarily chosen as her temperment was fantastic. And i wanted a wet nise to greet my boys when they came home. I think growing up with a dog is very important.
    When she came home, she was flea ridden and needed worming, her vaccinations hadnt been completed so needed starting again.
    But she is spotless in the house she is too excited when meeting dogs and people who i speak to. But im socializing her all the time and she is doing very well.
    She doesnt travel very well at all. If anybody has had this trouble and overcome it, any advice would be gratefully recieved. She doesnt panic or anything, but after 10 minutes she drools, 20 she foams, 21 shes sick.
    Im hoping short and regular trips will cure it.

I'll post some pics when i'm home on the pc. Ray

Hi Ray

Welcome to Dog Walk Bloggs. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your dogs. They are not breeds I think I have seen before but I may just not know the names.

We had the same problem with Sam in the car when she was a puppy. She now loves going in the car so don't worry about it to much. Part of the solution was taking her for lots of short trips to get her comfortable with being in the car. We kept the trips to less time than it took her to get sick. We also made a point of every trip was to somewhere for a great walk. that way she had a really positive association with going in the car.

One thing that completely stopped her getting sick was her going in the foot well of the passenger side of the car between the passenger's legs with her head on their lap. This seemed to comfort her and also cradled her to make her feel more secure. In this position she could go for miles without an issue. That was before she became as relaxed in the car as she is now. This being an example

From this blogg http://www.dogwalkbloggs.com/showthr...e-we-there-yet
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Thanks for that advice john, thats what i'm trying now so will keep it up.
    By old dog charlie came out of a dog that looked like a jack russell, but if you google lancashire heeler he is the spit of one except his colour. If he was black and tan like a rottie that would be him to a tee.
    Some people call carolina dogs 'american dingo's'. Quite wrongly so, an ecologist called dr brisbin came across them in his humane traps in carolina. At 1st he thought they were cross breed strays. Then he noticed they resembled a dingo, and researched them more. Then found they were very unique. They believe there ancestors followed humans from asia thousands of years ago and became displaces much like the canaan dog of israel. They are a registered breed with the ukc and one or 2 others.
    I keep away from the dingo title and use the proper name. It will only attract the wrong owners. Much like taefees previous owner. I know of only 1 other in the uk. Ray

is that working?

[IMG][/IMG]

here's a few pictures of taefee i'll upload Charlie from a hard drive.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

finally got some pictures sorted out. of tafee atleast, and my friends dogs serin (deer hound cross) and dougall, a sighthound but exactly what is unkown as he was rescue'd.

He is a fine looking dog. I can see where the Dingo name would maybe come from. I think the ears in the first picture have that kind of look. She also has kind of long legs that add to the look. Either way she looks a good fit and healthy dog full of life and fun.

PS Congratulations on posting pictures. The first time is always the hardest
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here