Thread: A winter swim.

Smile A winter swim.

The weather here is still properly miserable. Not cold enough for snow and not warm or dry. Just wet and driech. The local loch is really high with all the rain and the paths that are not underwater are very muddy.

Still, undeterred we took Sam for a walk along the side of the loch. She was doing quite a but of splashing about so we thought she might want a swim. I doubted it as the water was freezing cold. But as soon as a stick was thrown she was straight in for it.

She was like a sea monster emerging from the murky depths when she reached the shore again.

We threw the stick for her a few times and it seemed to gee her up quite a bit. Although that may just have been her trying to get warm after her dip.

Sometimes it has to be said, she does not make carrying the stick easy for herself.

After a few swims we thought she had probably had enough. So it was back home to dry her off and let her settle down for a night in front of the fire.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Looks like Nessie does exist after all.

Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

You've caught me out. I am training Sam up to catch me a Nessie. We are going to be so famous
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here