Thread: Sam's Recovery, Day One

Sam's Recovery, Day One

I've just collected Sam from the Vets after her surgery. When I picked her up she had a "Cone of Shame" on but I have taken it off while she is being supervised. I brought a bed to the office for her. She is on it now but still has that "What the hell happened?" look on her face.

The strict rest thing is probably going to be easy enough for the next day or two but as she starts to feel better I can see it becoming more of a challenge.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    but still has that "What the hell happened?" look on her face.
    She's probably asking "why have they grafted this turkey leg on me" ...........don't take any chances with the Lizzy collar. I once had a dog that after a minor op, went berserk with the collar on so he was on round the clock 'Elizabethan collarless' surveillance, every thing was fine until I had to leave him (with my daughter under strict instructions i.e; in one ear, out of the other) to do a bit of shopping, we were gone for less than an hour but came back to find him with a satisfied expression on his face & a gaping slit on his side, he had eaten the stiches & licked clean the wound.....it was only skin deep but looked pretty impressive so returned to the vet to have the wound 'stapled'

Good luck with keeping her immoblile (not sure that's an English word ) you'll probably have to add a few wee drams of finest malt to her food to keeep her groggy
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Yes her shaved leg is quite the fashion statement.

Her wound is already stapled instead of stitched. I'm not sure how much that will help. So far she wants to lick the shaved skin more than any interest in the plaster on her leg but I can't reply on that lasting. When she was spayed she did not interfere with the wound so I am hoping that will be the same this time.
    John

Sam had a good night last night. She spent most of it resting in front of the fire.

Tonight she is a bit brighter and still seems to not be in much pain. Her plaster has come off so we can see the scar for the first time.

John