Thread: The heeling is coasting along

The heeling is coasting along

Sam is continuing to feel better. It is getting harder and harder to stop her running about. We had a short trip to Shropshire for a couple of days so she got to sit in the sun at a different house.

At one point though she took a spammy running round the garden then let out a yelp as her leg hurt. My heart sank thinking she had undone the surgery but she was fine. Just shows there is good reason to trying to keep her activities restricted. If only there was a way of explaining it to her.

We are back in Scotland now but the weather yesterday was great. Full sunshine none warm. Warm enough that Sam sought shade under the cherry tree in the garden.

Meanwhile have my stooky off and a walking Velcro boot thing to wear so I got the grass cut and other gardening duties done before doing a dog related piece of leatherwork in the garden.

Today is not so warm. The plan is painting the front door while Sam lies out front getting patted by all the passing villagers.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Great news Sam's on the mend. I can understand the difficulty in keeping her on restricted activity but at least she is relatively calm & docile compared to many other dogs.............reckon I'd have to put leg braces on Siss, he is just incapable of staying in one place for more than 5 minutes.

Speaking of the good weather, if Sam had to take to the shade it must have been a scorcher.!!!
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

I notice that on some posts on dog sites people talking about the operation Sam had they mention that they were given sedatives to give the dogs to keep them subdued during the healing time. Maybe not a bad idea, although so far Sam does not seem to have done herself any harm.

it has been sunny enough here for shorts and t shirts but not warm by your standards. A high of 17 degrees I think. Still Sam does get quite warm in the sun and out of the wind. Being mostly black and having a good thick coat is not always a good thing.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here