Thread: Here comes the sun

Here comes the sun

We've not had much of a sunny summer yet. Still it early so I'm still hopeful. However, today was bright and sunny right from the off. Sam is still not to go out but can still enjoy the sun in the garden.

It started with breakfast on the patio from her northmate bowl that helps keep her amused for longer.

Then she spent the rest of the day lying about in the sun. And of course she is every bit the lady even when sunbathing.

John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

It's been a bit wet again but the sun was out again tonight for Sam to get her dinner from her Kong Wobbler. Between this and the Northmate it keeps her on her toes at feeding time.

John

I must admit my heart stops when I see her using that back leg, I imagine it'll buckle from under her & the screws will be pulled out

I hadn't seen a Northmate bowl before, certainly looks efficient for slowing down a dog's eatin' .....wish I had one for my previous dog, he used to wolf his grub down in seconds & I was always worried about bloat.

Weather ? You'll be reassured to know that here today it is around 17C, dull & grey with frequent showers
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Your heart stops, I'd like to see my blood pressure reading when she goes to take a spammy and run about. Still looking at the two videos you can see the difference a few days has made. She is getting more and more solid on that leg. I think I will probably introduce some swimming with her this weekend.

Sam was actually pretty good at not rushing her food. It is really just to make it more interactive and make her work for her food a bit. When she was young her feeding time was basically a training session with everything given as a reward for something to underline her training.

Not much different to us then weather wise. I think we are expecting a high of 14.
    John

I watched the video of your dog and I think she really loves eating with her northmate bowl. I'm thinking to get a bowl like this for my Labrador dogs and I will train him in every morning to make his body healthy.