Thread: Hi There Folks .

Hi There Folks .

Most folks on here probably know me from Song Of The Paddle. Most of my early canoeing adventures (long time ago now) were done in the Company of my old Labrador, Fruin.
    He was the best friend I ever had. All the others after were ok but there was only one of him and the mould got broke.
    Now I am an honorary "uncle" to two absolutely mad Cocker Spaniels. Bit doubtful about getting another dog as my wife has developed a really bad allergy to dog hair, cat hair and horse hair much to her dismay as she loves all three. Sorely tempted though by my shooting buddy's German wirehaired Pointers.
    Good idea John. You could be onto an even bigger winner than SOTP.
    Regards,
    Stravaiger.
    Coyote sings to the hunting moon. Wolf replies "I'll get you soon". By the fire Dog grins and howls right back ; "Bet mans' glad he's in my pack."

How about a Pointing Griffon? I think you folk call them Korthals Griffon?? I've shot over 'em & they are some of steadiest dogs I've ever known.

Welcome, btw.

You always hear that poodles are meant to be good for people with allergies. It is one of the reasons the labradoodles are meant to be so popular. They are also a gundog breed so can be worked.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Met a family out walking this weekend at Grafham Water and one of their sons had allergies - they have a Tibetan terrier, lovely gentle dog and hypoallergenic.

Plenty food for thought there. Thanks folks must admit I had not considered that some breed might be non shedding or minimum risk to people who have allergies. Liking the look and sound of these Griffons Sk8R.
    Regards,
    Stravaiger.
    Coyote sings to the hunting moon. Wolf replies "I'll get you soon". By the fire Dog grins and howls right back ; "Bet mans' glad he's in my pack."