Thread: A Tuesday night paddle in the sun.

A Tuesday night paddle in the sun.

With all the injuries and what not I have done little paddling this year. On Tuesday everything was conspiring to make paddling the clear choice for the evening. My foot was strong enough for loading up the canoe. Sam was active enough to be able to swim a bit. I had to try loading the canoe onto my new car and most of all the sun was out.

Once home from work with minimal faffing about we got the canoe loaded and were round at Castle Semple Loch for about 6.30pm. Shorly thereafter we were out on the water.

I almost never go out in the canoe without a PFD but last night it was roasting hot and most of the Loch is shallow enough to stand up in so my internal risk assessment said it was okay to just have it in the canoe with me . Besides Sam and Jo were wearing theirs so they could save me if it came to it

I took the standard SongofthePaddle picture, catching Sam looking regal, ish.

Regal or not when she is sitting she can move about a bit effecting the balance of the canoe. A little unnerving at times but not a big issue. Still it always a bit of a relief when she decides to lie down and take in the view as it passes by.

The view was great of course. All sunshine, water and greenery. It was a pleasure to be out. Just gently paddling along enjoying the light breeze in the heat. We stopped for a while so Sam could have a swim. Doing a few retrieves from the water to exercise her back legs after her operations.

Jo was enjoying a seat in the sun. Sam seems to have picked up sticking her tongue out at the camera from my daughters

After our extended pit stop we paddled back the way we came. It was an ideal night for a paddle. I was as contented as Sam looks, but I'm not in the picture

All to soon it was over and we were back home getting on with the chores that have been keeping me from the water for too long. Hopefully this is the start of fitting more paddling in.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Quick Sam, get outta the water !!!

That looks like a very pleasant way to spend an evening & Sam is looking great.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

You jest but apparently in the sea the real threat is the dog being attacked by seals. it can be a real danger for dogs retrieving for wildfowlers.

Not an issue for Sam. the worst she has to face is an angry swan.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here