Thread: Fetch me my car.

Fetch me my car.

We spent the weekend acting as support crew for a friend who was running the West Highland Way in a race. He finished the 95 miles and 14000 feet of climb in 23 hours 10 minutes. A testament to his madness. Sam was with us and got to do short walks on sections of the Way but spent a bit of time sitting in the car so as not to get in the way of passing runners. She adapted to this in no time and soon was looking more than at home while watching the goings on.

John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

I've always had a hankering to walk (not run ) the WHW, wild camping along the way but never got round to it....maybe one day.

If it was a choice though of running or sitting in a luxury 4 wheel drive I'd most certainly prefer Sam's enviable position....
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

I've walked part of the WHW but never the whole thing. I still have a hankering to do it and have even been tempted by the bag carry forward services which would make it much less hard work. Of course now Stuart has run it in a day walking it in 5 days would seem like a skive.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here