Thread: Back to the woods

Back to the woods

Tonight I got back from work early so had time to take Sam on a walk round the woods.

Because of breaking my foot and Sam's operations I kind of missed spring. So for me the woods have gone from the bare winter look to full summer plumage in one step. It takes a bit of getting used to.

Of course some things have not changed. There are still the stone markers and signs. And Sam still likes to get on top of them. If she sits really still she can pass as an art installation.

Of course it would not be a real blogg without a selfie. This one shows my new raincoat. Some may claim it is borrowed but it fits me so must be mine.

The folly in the woods is almost disappearing into the bushes. That said I guess it will not be long before the plants are dying back again. I've already had Sam's light up collar on for one late walk this week.

We came accross this sign and saw where others had been taken down. I'm guessing it was from some sort of race for charity.

Speaking of races, Sam had one. The snail took an early lead but after the photo was taken Sam caught up and overtook it

It had been raining before we came out and there was still a thin drizzle while we were out. So Sam was pretty wet and for once was not jumping in every stream we passed.

I do like a walk in the woods. I always think there is more to see than walks in more open countryside. I also thing Sam has more to explore. One thing that limited the walks I do is the carpark at the woods is locked in the evening. 8pm during the summer and 4pm in the winter, however, they have blanked out the times now so hopefully it will be open all the time. It would make more sense as I could never see a reason for locking it.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

They probably close the carpark in an attempt ot curtail dogging & drug dealing....

Nice little blog (is blog spelt with two g's in scotland or is everyone else spelling it wrongly ?) & it's good see Sam out & about again..............the photo of Sam as a statue is brilliant..
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

The carpark is on the edge of the village not ideal for dogging or drug dealing, so I am told . Also there are loads of other carparks about the village that can be used for that sort of thing but are not locked.

I'm surprised it has taken this long for you to ask about blog with two Gs. It can be blog or blogg although blogg is less common and spell checkers don't like it. However, it was Blogg I called the section on SotP and it's stuck. That said I've covered my options and you can get to this site at both http://www.DogWalkBloggs.com and www.DogWalkBlogs.com as well as the .co.uk versions.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here