Thread: Kes stretching his sea legs again.

Kes stretching his sea legs again.

Well last Sunday's paddle had put me back in the paddling mood. The weather forecast for today was perfect so it would be a crime not to go for a paddle.

The wind was going to be no more than a couple of miles an hour. Loch Lomond is rarely flat calm so even though it was where I paddled last week we decided it was going to be too good not to paddle again this week. This week Jo was coming along as well as Kes who we were dog sitting.

We launched from Milarrochy Bay just up from Balmaha at the same time as another canoe was setting out.

Hundreds of yards from shore the loch was flat calm You rarely see the big loch this settled.

We were heading straight out, over to Werewolf island.

Unfortunately where we landed there was a big camp set up.

Unlike last week this was not an abandoned camp. The fire was still smouldering away. Not sure if they were still in bed or out fishing. Anyway we decided to move on. We launched again and headed to Wallaby island. We had spotted a small beach in the sun that looked ideal.

And so it was. I got a brew on while everyone else got comfy before lunch.

Kes especially so.

It was not all resting though. Sam had a good run about and Kes had a paddle.

Lunch over a quick group photo before we moved on.

So we were off again.

We found another beach in the sun to land. Jo making the most of the sun.

At this spot there was fine sand 40 yards or more out from the beach and shallow enough to paddle. It would have been wrong to miss such an opportunity.

In the bay next to where we landed someone had written "will you marry me" with stones. Underneath it said "yes", again in stones. Not sure it is clear in this picture.

Sam can't resist trying to grab any water you kick into the air. You have to give her full marks for effort.

Meanwhile Kes was having a nap but cunningly making sure we could not leave without him.

Much as we were enjoying lazing in the sun the conditions were too good not to be paddling so we moved on again. Time to wake up Kes and head off.

This was when we had a bit of an airshow. In quite rapid succession we had a seaplane go over, a big bomber and a small private plane. All seemed close but are specks in the photos I took.

After paddling for a while we headed to another stony beach to land and have a brew (it's almost a law).

Kes claims this beach for all dog kind.

It was the sort of day where you could have stayed out all day, however, we had to give Kes back by dinner time so reluctantly left the last beach to paddle back to Milarrochy Bay.

Back at the car, since we had been working hard paddling, Sam offered to drive home

John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

If the outing was as great as the photos & blog suggest then you all must have had a wonderful time. Good to see Kes still getting out & about & the marriage proposal was charming.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

I meant to mention that Sam is naked in the last few pictures. On the third stop (the island with the sandy beach) she had been running about exploring and when I called her back it took her a little while to return. When she did she did not have her collar on. It must have got snagged on a branch or the like and she had to wriggle out of it. I had a look about for it but thee was little chance of spotting it.

It was a great day out. I can't imagine we will have weather this good for much longer. Soon be the pictures of rain, snow and ice.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

I hadn't noticed Sam being without

Don't give up about the good weather just yet, you may be lucky & get an Indien summer during October.

After a sweltering last few weeks with temps. in the high 20's, the weather here has finally returned to normal, around 20C in the afternoons with chilly nights & a refreshing Northerly breeze which not only helps us keep cool during our walks but is also bringing down the walnuts & it looks to be a good harvest

I may be a bit premature but I've already started to air my winter gear .........I'm also planning a little wild camp soon
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.