Thread: A run with Sam on a shoogly video

A run with Sam on a shoogly video

I've had a bit of a cold this week so no running during the week. Today I was feeling a bit better so I took Sam for a 7.5 km run through the woods and along the cycle track a bit then back again. I filmed the outward bit with the camera on my belt and the return leg with the camera on Sam's harness.

I did not do much editing to the footage. Just sped it up to 8 times normal speed. I let YouTube handle the stabilisation but this mucked up the text near the start but did steady the footage. Not sure it helped in the parts where the camera is on Sam. Those bits are likely to induce epileptic seizures. Clearly I need to work on a better attachment to Sam's harness

John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Interesting concept but the result is errrr.....mind boggling ?
    Good job I had glasses on, they stopped me eyeballs from falling out.

I don't quite understand why you speeded it up, were you trying to recreate an acid trip ???
    Have you tried putting the GoPro on a bike's handlebars ? from other vids I've seen it appears to give quite good results but please, no more jogging
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

I was going to keep it at normal speed and just have short clips but even with short clips it just seemed too slow. Speeded up you sort if get to see the whole route. It really was just a test. I need to make the mount for Sam so I can get better footage from her. I plan to do a test film of her retrieving a dummy from over a fence and filming it from a few different vantage points (one camera, many takes) and editing it together as a further test of ideas.

I've seen bike footage but I don't go on a bike much. More likely will be footage from a canoe or skateboard.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here