Thread: Dog Walk - Potterne, Nr.Devizes with canoe trip bonus.

Smile Dog Walk - Potterne, Nr.Devizes with canoe trip bonus.

We moved to Wiltshire a few months ago. To a village called Potterne, Nr. Devizes. Anyone wanting a nice place to walk a dog near Devizes, with very little risk of encountering farm livestock, should try Coxhill Lane, Potterne vilage, and the [almost all arable] fields around it. Coxhill Lane is what looks like an old sunken drovers' road, a leafy lane, with high banks on each side, and fields beyond. Susan the Doberman loves it, and so do the other dogs that use the lane for fun and games. Please pick up anything your dog/s might leave, there is a "poo bin" at the foot of the lane. The Kennet and Avon canal, is, of course, just a couple of miles away for a post-dog walk paddle, though the towpath is also dog-walkable bar the pesky cycles. Launch on public steps/slipway in the Wharf car park [the canoe, of course, not passing cycles [don't tempt me ! ]]. Put the ash to Her [boat, not wife]. Paddle eight miles [no locks] with or without dog in boat. Beersssss and cheesy chips at the Barge Inn, padddle back. Knackered dog, tired paddlers.

Sounds like a great place for a walk. I do like canal towpaths and cycle tracks but the bikes can be a nuisance .
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here