Thread: A september bimble.....

A september bimble.....

First an update on the weather so you can all compare after a brief apparition of autumn a few weeks back, summer has returned, albeit a little less fierce than July & August. 25C today with a nice N.Easterly breeze.

Right then a little vole hunting as is custumary at the begining of a walk. Let me reassure all those vole lovers reading this, Siss has a very low success rate except when there is a population explosion. No vole was harmed during this photo shoot.

Checking to see how the sunflower seeds are maturing...

Things are looking pretty parched & desolate around here. Because of the drought, farmers haven't been able to sow seed....

I made the mistake of sitting down which in doggy language means play, so a search was on for something to throw...

Just checking in case something had miraculously appeared in my hand..

Well eventually a dried up bit of oil seed rape stalk was found...
    Last edited by Blacktimberwolf; 9th-September-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Part 2

It was a little too warm for excursion but I didn't want to disappoint the lad after all the effort he put in to find it.

Further on Siss spotted a bunny, they're very rare in these parts & all have Myxomatosis which is why it didn't run away & why it's hopping about in the middle of a field in broad daylight......good job Siss was on a lead, he would have loved to have sank his teeth into that !!!

Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Sissou is looking in fine condition. I'm impressed he did not destroy the stalk on his first retrieve. Sam would have crushed it on the way back.

We have had a semi bleak summer. The weather has been unexceptional with the sunny days dotted randomly about and rarely together. We are seeing a bump in the weather though with the sun back out today.

Sam does the staring at the ground thing but not searching for voles as she also does it on tarmac. We also had a Myxomatosis outbreak here a couple of years ago. I felt like the grim reaper as every walk I went out with Sam I seemed to be breaking a couple of necks. Looked grim but it was for the best. Sam was not that bothered about chasing rabbits for some reasons but squirrels are a whole different story for some reason.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here