Thread: Brecklet Trail

Brecklet Trail

I have just returned from a two week break in the Western Highlands of Scotland.
    The Brecklet Trail starts at the old slate quarry in Ballachulish. Isla does feature in the video, playing in the water while she waited for us to catch up.

It certainly looks like an ideal walk for the dog. I am impressed with how little wind there was. At first I thought you were panning round a photo. Even if I got a day that calm you would still have Sam crashing through the undergrowth in the background. Was it not heaving with midgies with it being so still?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

A great 2 mile walk on good paths. I let Isla off her lead at the top because the path starts close to the quarry edge. There is a good fence but she can be like a bulldozer at times. The weather was very kind to us. The first week was cooler with a good breeze and the second week brighter, warmer and less breeze. The down side to the second week was more midges. On the walk we stopped at a picnic bench at the top and had about five minutes before being bothered by the midges. This year the midges preferred the wife instead of me so I will not moan too much (or laugh with in ear shot.). My bite total for the two weeks was less than her total per day during the second week.

I have a few more adventures to write up once I have sorted the pictures and edited the video footage.

When it comes to editing video which method of editing do people use for You Tube? Is it best to use software on your computer and then upload or use the editor on You Tube? Any hints or tips most welcome.

I've always edited on my computer and uploaded to YouTube. I imagine uploading all the footage to YouTube to start editing would take ages.
    John

I guess I have just had payback for laughing at midge bites. If there was a 'face palm' smilie on here, I would be using it right now.

I did use the editor on YouTube. I now know that the video editor is simple and easy to use. It did take ages and ages to load up the clips to be stitched together.
    I have just been reminded about the free editor that came with the camera that I used to download the files from the device. Plus there is software for making movies that came with the computer.

Someone has an ear to ear smile, very smug looking and giggling ..............................and saying something about I may have bites but also have brains..........

I've used both the standard Windows video editing software and the Mac one and both were good enough for my basic needs. I'm sure Google do a free one you can download too.
    John

I haven't done a great deal of video editing but I use windows movie maker which is fine for my needs & limited skill as it's pretty straightforward to use & adding music is easy too. I have used Youtube's editing service a few times & although it's ok for joining vids together, it is limited in what you can do but it does have a cool slow motion option.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.