Thread: Daylight, a bit of a novelty.

Daylight, a bit of a novelty.

The days are really short now. During the week it is pitch black when Sam and I go for our morning run or walk. Then by the time I get back from work it is dark again. Still this weekend was bright, clear and cold so we managed to get out in the daylight a bit.

On Saturday I got a chance to have a quick go on a new toy. An electric skateboard. (See www.lecdec.com). It has been too wet to try this since it arrived over a week ago so I was gagging to get out on it. It was great fun and Sam was fascinated. I was concentrating too much to be taking pictures much but did get this one of Sam as she ran along beside me.

On Sunday the sun was out in full with little wind. Clearly an ideal day for a paddle. Unfortunately I only had a couple of hours to spare so a quick paddle on the local Loch was the best we could manage. Still it was great to get out.

In the afternoon we managed to fit in a trip to Irvine beach for a stroll. We were not the only ones to have this idea and it was pretty busy with dog walkers, however, as always, once you walk a bit you tend to get away from the crowds.

I'm hoping to get away for an overnight camping trip with Sam in a couple of weeks so will get lots of pictures then hopefully. It would be nice if we could get some snow for the trip but that may be asking for too much.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Hey, hey, hey......the electric skateboard looks fun but where's the motor ? not a patch on the hoverboard though.
    I'm hoping to get out camping soon too though it's been so long now that I just can't get into the right state of mind to give myself the necessary impetus....I suppose once in the saddle, things will start rollin'. .....Isn't that a mixed metaphor ?
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

The motor is on the underside and is pretty small. The battery is spread over the underside. From a glance it looks just like a normal longboard. It's nearly silent too so most people don't realise it is powered.

Still hoping to to get an overnight trip next weekend. This weekend has been lashing down all weekend with gusting winds up to 50 mph. Hopefully next weekend will be better.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here