Thread: A perfect day for paddling

A perfect day for paddling

My plan today was to take the Burnett Egret for a paddle today with Sam so I could post a review on Song of the Paddle, however, the weather today was perfect peddling weather and the Egret is a solo canoe. Not taking Jo for a paddle in this weather would be classed as some sort of spousal abuse so we loaded up the wenonah and headed to Loch Lomond.

As I say the weather was perfect. Just out on the water you could see how perfect it was. Sam and Jo were both mesmerised.

You so rarely see Loch Lomond this calm. It was even pretty warm. Later on we lay in the sun for half an hour for a post lunch nap. However for now we were just paddling and loving the flat calm and peace and quiet. We did need to let Sam off for a while on one of the islands as she was keen to have a run about but after that she was as happy as us to just watch the world go by.

Still lovely as the paddling was you still need to stop for lunch. Of course this was when Sam disappeared into the undergrowth to explore. I'm guessing we will be finding a few ticks over the next few days.

The view from the lunch stop was second to none.

During our lunch stop the wind picked up a bit. That's not saying much as before lunch it was zero. After it was a light wind only but with the big fetch you have on Loch Lomond you still get some medium waves with a small wind. Sam had also found a stick she did not want to leave behind

Even with the light breeze it was still a beautiful day and a joy to be paddling.

It was time to head back to the car though. I was not as reluctant as I would usually be as when we got home I would just be swapping canoes and heading out on Castle Semple in the Burnett Egret, which is exactly what I did, but that's a story for another forum
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Nice !!! must be special paddling in such a large expanse of calm water. I see Sam was bringing back a souvenir.

Like your hat, is that a Tilley hemp ?
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

It's really unusual to catch Loch Lomond so calm not to mention sunny.

Sam did seem particularly taken with that stick for some reason, not sure why.

And yes a Tilley hemp. I also have the original duck cotton one and a wool winter hat. We are probably transitioning from winter hat to hemp hat season.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Sam did seem particularly taken with that stick for some reason, not sure why..
    Well, having acquired a certain expertise in all things sticks thanks to Siss, I can inform you that Sam has a great eye, 'cause that one looks not only like a good chewer but also a damn good thrower.
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Yes but it makes my OCD twitch when she wont carry it in the middle
    John