Thread: Another big catch up

Another big catch up

So lots of catching up to do again Been quite a while. So Marlowe is still with us. He is here to stay and the transfer of all the registrations, chip information and vet records is now complete. He is, as you can see entirely comfortable with this.

He has also adapted to the odd dressing up picture, although in fairness the jumper test was more for an overnight winter trip I had planned and I wanted to make sure Sam's spare jumper would do for some extra insulation.

Sometimes though its just because there is an opportunity and I can't resist. We were about to head out for our morning run and I saw the Santa hats sitting there. No sooner had the phrase Santa Dash entered my head I was taking a picture.

Marlowe has continued to be taken out on canoe trips. He has settled into it well. He still has to get a lot of swimming practice but that is a job for the summer.

I have no excuse. I just knew he would suit the deerstalker hat and pipe.

The only presents they got at Christmas. They lasted for the photo then were chewed to bits moments later.

Taking the Christmas decorations down also gave another photo opportunity. Some things you just cant pass by. Well I can't

We eventually got away on an overnight canoe trip. It was meant to be bitterly cold but actually turned out to be pretty mild. It was s short trip though. Out mid afternoon and back the next morning. So it largely took place in the dark which is why there are not many pictures from it. It was a great night though and I really need to make time for more overnighters this year.

It has been a pretty mild winter anyway. We have seen little snow. Generally we have had to head to the hills to see any. We have done this a few times but again not as much as I would like.

We got Marlowe a good Tuffies bed last year but it was a bit industrial feeling, so since he was staying we got him the comfy cover for it complete with "pocket". He is a lot happier with it now and has stopped using Sam's any time he can. Although he does not really use the pocket bit unless you hold it up for him to get into.

Both Sam and Marlowe still think they are lap dogs with no sense of personal space or boundaries.

Marlowe also likes hats, honest. He found this one on a walk and insisted on wearing it. And you can't prove otherwise

Same goes for the school tie, except he did not find it on a walk

Nice low sun shot from one of our morning runs. We still run every weekday morning. Three times a week it is a 14km run and the other two are 6km. I slimmed Sam down a couple of Kg's and that stopped any issues with her arthritis. She now seems to be in the best shape of her life.

After we got the comfy cover for Marlowe's bed Sam will occasionally commandeer it. Especially if the sun coming in the window is just right.

A few weeks ago we were dog sitting Bess. It's been ages since we watched her and she has aged a lot. She can't walk far or fast but still enjoys getting out.

It's a shame Kes is no longer with us or we could have had the four of them out at some time.

We have had a few trips to Irvine beach lately which stretches for miles. It is pretty popular with dog walkers so we tend to gather a few gang members when we are there chucking the ball for Sam and Marlowe.

Lastly, Marlowe has made a spot for himself where he looks out the window during the day. This entire blogg could have actually just been pictures of Marlowe in his various contorted positions sleeping or looking out the window but I will just post the most recent one. Apparently this is comfortable but I can't for the life of me figure out how.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Brilliant as ever

i'm amazed how you get them to keep still long enough to take a picture, dressed up and all.

here's one of lili dressed up as a rabbit

I'm generally using cameras with a shorter focal length and slow autofocus so can't get the action shots so much at the moment. i must try harder so i can capture the "rabbit" shot
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

i like your pictures! slowing down has its merits as well, you more consciously capture the expressions. and the staged ones are very funny!
    the action stuff is often hit and miss. i learned from experience that it works if i put the focus point on the ground, a certain distance in front of the running dog. then within a fraction of a second that includes reaction time, shutter release delay and AF speed the dog's in focus by the time the picture is actually taken.