Thread: Established paths or of the beaten track?

Established paths or of the beaten track?

I am forever telling people that I am the dog walker that will find the body. Almost every time it is reported in the news about a body being found it is by a dog walker and I am that sort of dog walker.

Don't get me wrong plenty of the walks I go with Sam are at the park or on marked out paths but I always want to know what is over there, through those bushes, up that hill, where does that stream go, come from etc. I have almost as much desire to explore as Sam and am just as happy when caked in mud and tired from quenching my curiosity.

I know it is not just me, after all those bodies are not finding themselves, but am in the minority? Or is there a high proportion of us using our dogs as an excuse to go and explore like we did as kids?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Definitely off the beaten track for me and I also think the dog enjoys exploring/discovering new areas as much as I do. John - I know what you mean, with your 'find a body' remark, it does often cross my mind when Charlie disappears into the undergrowth, what he may uncover. Since I got the dog , I am definitely venturing further from the main paths , something I never did on my own, maybe its feeling safer having him at my side even though he's the daftest and softest dog going, just don't tell anyone
    David

My children tell me I have more photos of the dog than I do of them.

I think I have always been one to go exploring off the track. A dog is a distinct advantage with this as now I don't look like some weirdo prowling through the bushes. Now I am just one of those body discovering dog walkers.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

I must admit I really like heading off the beaten track me and Cass were forever following deer trails through the woods

You will rarely find me on the path most trodden I am definitely an "off the beaten track" walker and love exploring. I haven't found a body yet! (and hope never to)