Thread: New Whistle

New Whistle

I generally use a whistle for the recall command and to get Sam to sit at a distance. For my birthday Jo got me a silver whistle to use.

The only problem is when I go to blow it my lip covers the top hole a bit. I think I will need to use a bit of clear plastic tubing to make a slight extension to the mouthpiece. I used a plastic straw just to make sure it would work.

And it did. The tone is about the same as my acme 212 which is about the same as the antler one I generally used. I have thought about a silent whistle but they always seem to be adjustable and I can always hear them. I would prefer to have one that was at a set frequency that I knew was the right one for my dog.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

I now have a piece of clear tubing that is over the end to extend it. This seems to work okay but you still have to be careful how you blow the whistle. You need to be quite gentle. Of you really blow it does not give a very clear sound. It would have never crossed my mind that you could over blow a whistle.
    John

It must be the lip enhancement surgery you had. It may be better to not have any more

Unfortunately the silver whistle just was not working out as I could not get the hang of it. I went back to an Acme 212 for a while but got an Acme 535 silent whistle. It is not completely silent but far less intrusive than the 212. Just need to retrain Sam a bit to get her used to it.
    John