Thread: Hi all

Hi all

Hi,

I'm Kerstin and I love to walk and trek with my dogs. I also scooter, bikejor, use a dryland rig and have done some canicross I love buying stuff unfortunately so have pretty much tried every harness/belt/backpack/dog boots on the market....so if anyone needs any help just ask

Hi Kerstin, welcome to Dog Walk Bloggs. Sounds like you do a lot with your dogs. Should be plenty to blogg

I actually started a thread about dog rucksacks recently so you can add to that with your experiance. It is here http://www.dogwalkbloggs.com/showthr...-waste-of-time
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Yep, you could say I do a lot with my boys

I also teach treibball, agility and flyball, do gundog (HPR) work, scentwork (SAR, customs-style search and some tracking). I'm a committed clicker trainer and am currently doing research into canine cognition and conceptual learning.

Any questions on dog sports and training I'd be very pleased to answer
    "Time to get up from the PC and go off-line. I'll be on-trail" Anonymous

I've heard about treibball on the DogCastRadio podcast but never seen it done. Will need to have a look on YouTube.

I think working an HPR dog or shooting over one you have trained yourself would be the pinnacle of gundog work. I have seen articles about them being used by falconers but then the retrieve part of the HPR is not really being used but it is a great example of a hunting style using only trained animals and no firearms. I do wonder how their hearing is effected though, as they are more in front of the guns than a peg dog or one working as part of a picking up team.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Training an HPR is hard work but so wonderful to watch. I like to see them work tracking large game. I've seen a couple work with birds but I just can't imagine how to train that, so impressive. I've got a book on how to train it but I don't think I've ever even opened it! I've wondered about hearing too, even with retrievers they are exposed to so much noise.... The guns always wear ear defenders don't they!