Thread: Are your dog walks a solo or social affair?

Are your dog walks a solo or social affair?

To answer my own question I think I am very much both. I see some people who almost never go a walk with their dogs on their own and others who clearly only want to take their dog out on their own and go off and do their own thing.

As I say I can see the appeal of both. I really enjoy a walk with just Sam and myself exploring the woods or having a quiet wander to relax and chill out. I am also happy to meet up with other dog walkers and chat while the dogs get a good run about.

If I absolutely had to pick one or the other I think it might be solo walks but I am pretty sure Sam would go for the other option. She likes more people or more dogs along.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Solo. I'd like to go on the occassional social doggy walk but they just don't exist here.

Either for me. I think having a dog is more likely to make me go out for a walk on my own :-)

I walk in mostly remote places and like to solo walk with just my dogs for company. However, I do like to meet up with friends and their dogs once in a while for a group walk. So I am not completely anti-social

I mainly walk the dog on my own however when we do go with friends and their dogs I particularly enjoy watching them play and interact together.
    David

My children tell me I have more photos of the dog than I do of them.

hey, dogwalks are never "solo" - it's always at least one dog and you!

i sometimes bump into neighbours, or other people with their dogs.
    very often, it's just me and the dog which is ok. you get a different interaction when it's just you and the dog as opposed to a whole group, which i enjoy. and i think as a gundog, blix enjoys working together with "her" human, too.

sometimes we walk together with friends and their dog(s) but then it's usually not an official dogwalk but just a meet-up with friends who happen to bring their dogs along. they're part of the gang, after all.

We have to be careful, one of our terriers does not get on well with other dogs, so mainly solo walks. We were at our caravan and there were loads of rabbits. Usually chip ignores them but this time he was most interested. We had the dogs tethered outide and he sat quietly for an hour ignoring two other dogs and watching the rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt chrome View Post
    We have to be careful, one of our terriers does not get on well with other dogs, so mainly solo walks. We were at our caravan and there were loads of rabbits. Usually chip ignores them but this time he was most interested. We had the dogs tethered outide and he sat quietly for an hour ignoring two other dogs and watching the rabbits.
    Thats how to do it is it??? Solo here for similar reasons, its the way I like it TBH but sometimes the OH comes to keep us company, we do occaisionally go with one or two select people and their dogs who for some reason she is polite to!

As the timing is not regular or planned the walk is almost always PoppyDog and myself. My walk is probably more aptly described as 'solo' because as I take a wander through the field/park/wood etc, PoppyDog is roaming around somewhere in the undergrowth/bushes/trees etc. occasionally popping her head out just to make sure I am going the right way.......