Thread: Outside kennel for your dog?

Outside kennel for your dog?

John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Looks great. Can you make me one for Brae?

Sue

Making it is easy. Actually the cooperage will cut the hole for you. The problem is transport. It would not fit through the back door in my Landrover. Brae would fit in a smaller one so probably not as much hassle to transport.
    John

Great idea John only problem I can see with the barell's are my kids would be rolling it down the hill with one of the dogs still inside would be like a scene from jackass poor dog staggering about at the bottom of the hill lol!!
    Years ago we used to breed and show Akita's we had a number of kennel's with runs attached we used 6x4 sheds used to cut the hatch in the door line and insulate the shed i'd split the shed horizontally making storage in the upper half.
    Now we're down to just three dog's( I know just three) a Shepard,cocker and a springer I use a large traditional dog kennel they just pile in together.

My girls would be rolling the barrel about too. That's why it is up on stumps. That said, I think Sam may like being rolled about. She is that sort of dog
    John

diogenes lived in a barrel. she's in good company there