Thread: How does your dog get on with other pets?

How does your dog get on with other pets?

We have a Guinea Pig we are watching for a week and Sam is obsessed by it. She does not want to eat it but so wants to play with it.

This is pretty much Sam's reaction to any other pets. I have two cats and four hens. The hens just ignore Sam and the cats have learned to tolerate her. How do your other pets got on with your dog?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Braetac our border collie is dominated by our Aflie cat. But Alfie is 7kg of feline killing machine. Alfie even hides Braetac's toys! Braetac is friendly and gets on well with your Sam, I think he's in love.

Sue

A 7kg cat! I don't think mine would even be 2kgs at the very most. I think a cat that size would dominate Sam too.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

One of john's cats is almost at the stage of possibly lying next to her. The other one - no way, never!

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    We have a Guinea Pig we are watching for a week and Sam is obsessed by it. She does not want to eat it but so wants to play with it.
    blix would want to "play" with it, too. and then probably eat it.
    rabbits, hens, etc. she wants to catch and kill. my parents have a parrot that she always has to "keep an eye on", "just in case".
    she's mostly not too interested in cats. some she chases just a bit, others she's actually afraid of.

Is Braetac names after Stargate?

We don't have any other pets but visit my parent's house regularly and they've got a 20 year old cat called Sparkie. First time we introduced them, Sparkie split Zilla's ear open and ever since Zilla's been wanting to make friends but Sparkie won't have any of it. Sparkie grew up with a Golden Cocker Spaniel but he died in 2000 and since then he's been the only pet. I think having another dog in the house at his age is something he doesn't want lol. So we keep them separated while we visit to not stress out Sparkie.

I don't have a cat or small furries, but we do have hens, sheep, cows and did have ponies too, and my dogs are all taught to respect the other animals and not to interfere with them.

My rottie is very good, had a guinea pig, all she did was sniff him then settle down. My jack russell on the other hand used to get a murderous look in her eyes when something small and furry was around! Never been trained for ratting but it's certainly in her! Shes never been allowed to follow that instinct, so shes not too bad after 4 years shes pretty good at ignoring other animals. We have a bearded dragon too and funnily enough both dog dont pay a blind bit of attention to him.
    Last edited by Stacie88; 15th-July-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim and Zilla View Post
    Is Braetac names after Stargate?.
    Yes it is, after Master Braetac. There's a video of him with hwmbo from their trip to Loch lomond.

Cheers
    Sue