Thread: Unusual dog water or food bowls.

Unusual dog water or food bowls.

Do your dogs have any unusual drinking or food bowls? At Jo's house Sam has a ceramic bed pan

She has two water bowls at home. One is a road warrior one that stops the floor getting wet and the other is just a regular dog water bowl. I think that one needs replaced with something with a bit more imagination. Maybe another bed pan. Any better suggestions?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Sam's new food bowl arrived today. An ebay purchase.

I think she is saying I should have washed it first
    John

On our regular walk there's a tree with a hollow within the fork that fills with rainwater. Its rare that Charlie passes without stopping for a quick slurp or two!
    David

My children tell me I have more photos of the dog than I do of them.

we find Scooby a bit strange with bowls, we have had ceramic, plastic, stainless he will eat from them but spill some on the floor and he's on it, will only go to a bowl if he really needs too, and he'll mainly lift food out then put it on the floor to eat it

Quote Originally Posted by bikemec View Post
    we find Scooby a bit strange with bowls, we have had ceramic, plastic, stainless he will eat from them but spill some on the floor and he's on it, will only go to a bowl if he really needs too, and he'll mainly lift food out then put it on the floor to eat it
    Ninja is the same, mind you the little 6.5 kg terrier came with a bowl big enough for GSD to lose her head in so not surprising she was a little bit wary.

We tried allsorts of things and have finally landed on a 3 small, antique, cream flower pattern bowls, quite shallow with a wide lip, no idea if thats relevant to her or not . They were my grandmothers and were what I used to eat my blancmange out of (does anyone make that anymore) but only ever wet or raw food goes in the bowl, any dry kibble gets scattered as if it goes in a bowl she will pick it out drop it it on the floor and then eat it, anything with a bone in has to be fed outside as she will not eat them anywhere near where you feed them and its impossible to predict where to place the towel, turn your back for a minute and she has taken it off to the rug or small corner of carpet not covered .

As for water, she was drinking hardly anything then we realised she was drinking out of a skanky manky bucket outside. She had to do a peculiar jump to get her head over the rim and then sort of dangled there pretty much strangling herself whilst she drank her fill.

Sam does look a little less than pleased with her new platter, 'for goodness sake if you make me eat from this the least you could do is leave me in peace and stop posting my picture all over the internet'

I now have a Chamber Pot on order for Sam's water bowl at home. Pictures to follow when it arrives.
    John