Thread: Hello from Kim and Zilla

Hello from Kim and Zilla

Howdi

Got sent a link from John and I think it's a great idea as I do get people asking me where are the best places to walk their dog. So to introduce Zilla, he is a Hungarian Vizsla and is nearly 2 (in October) and is very much a handful. I'm a dog trainer and walker by trade and Zilla helps me with all aspects - by being patient in our puppy classes and helping aggressive dogs become social as well as showing young dogs to walk nicely on leash. He is fantastic and I couldn't do him justice just by talking about him so here's some pics:

This was him as a young pup, just a few days after we got him. Give me a pat on the back for the home made octopuss

This is with a Beagle puppy called Charlie who belongs to a friend of ours, they regularly have play dates. Zilla's about a year old in this pic.

This is a position he's forever getting into and I always caption this picture as: Vizsla - assembly required.

So that's Zilla and I'll post some pictures of us on an actual walk, since that's the point

Kim xxx

Hi, welcome to the forum...dog trainer eh? that could be handy

Is that lovely bitch part of your pack too.?
    Properly trained, a man can become a dog's best friend.

Good to see another dog that likes to be upside down.

And well done on the hand made octopus Was it for the dog?
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Zilla looks gorgeous and a very impressive octopus! :-)

Thanks for the comments Yes I made the octopuss for Zilla as I was learning to sew at the time and used every excuse to get behind the machine. I also make toys etc for my puppy classes and to donate to rescue centres etc.

And the Beagle is a friend of ours who comes over to play with Zilla a couple of times a month

I've never really had any fabric toys for Sam. The few I did have did not last long. It is the same with any of the rope toys you get, she has then chewed to nothing in no time.
    John

It's quite common, especially with the bigger dogs as their jaws are stronger. We make sure Zilla has plenty of chews and rawhides so he has something he can destroy and eat so when he plays with toys the urge isn't as strong. That said it doesn't take more than about 20 minutes to whip up a toy so if the pups destroy it, I don't mind making another.

Beautiful dogs, have always loved Vizslas gorgeous face

Sam is generally happy with her kong type toys etc. She also likes antlers and bones for chewing. She is actually not that much of a chewer anyway but she does like something to stimulate her mind and get some food from.
    John